The Roadshow last week didn’t disappoint as per normal. There is some major updates coming out over the next few months and some other unexpected releases.
Various releases announced or updated:
- Reporting 2.0 – Major changes to the reporting in Xero, add formulas, move columns, select columns you want, resort etc – due shortly
- Banking 2.0 – World leading, banking changes – integration with Xero for payables (with authority) and loan applications via Xero to your bank
- Supplier feeds – Major suppliers are working with Xero to start data feeds for their invoices, with attachments
- Files – Getting their own tab, you can now also use an email link to send files directly into Xero, video formats – available now, but some changes due soon. Have you thought about taking a photo of assets and serial numbers incase things are stolen? Then you can download and send to your Insurance broker.
- Invoices – Bulk Export coming (not sure if this is the invoices (bills/sales, or the images attached)
- Auto Feeds – TSB and ASB are already offering auto feed signup – including historic import of feeds
- ACC and Companies Office – Are working with Xero to integrate systems
- Sending sales invoices with attachments direct to Xero (currently avaialble via online invoice, but you have to save the invoice which can duplicate)
- Quotes – Includes revisions and online; acceptance, query, revise and decline. Also templated terms and custom templates – Next Year
- Touchify – All areas of Xero are undergoing a touchify re-write, so all areas are easier for touch screen and mobile devices like tablets
- Contacts – Add multiple contacts
- Remove yourself from Organisations – previously you had to be removed
- User role – There will be a standard role without reporting access
- Statement search – I am hoping this is a global bank statement search
- Reference field on bank transactions – I am not sure what this is yet
Unconfirmed Timeframe/no updates on:
- Purchase orders – you can turn PO’s into a sale etc
- GST – new process has been released – will show any un-reconciled areas
For assistance with any changes, please call us at the office on 09 269 5466.
- 20 Dec 2018Xero – Payday FilingComing to Xero very soon… Payday filing is a new method for reporting employment information,...
- 01 Nov 2018Get Your Life BackIf you’re a business owner, business manager or bookkeeper who wants to take back control of your bu...
- 28 Sep 2018Xero Platinum PartnersThe team at Katalyst are pleased to announce we are now Xero Platinum Partners. We have been 100% X...
- 31 May 201810th AnniversaryWe are celebrating our 10th Anniversary :-) Thanks to everyone who has been a part of our past 10 ye...
- 12 Mar 2018Testimonial | Ross Keith – SelectorWhen our internal accountant departed with very short notice last year we had an immediate staffing...