Coming to Xero very soon…
Payday filing is a new method for reporting employment information, and is compulsory from 1 April 2019.
Each time you pay staff, you’ll need to file employee information to Inland Revenue within two days.
What does it mean for you?
Payday filing means you’ll need to file:
- more information
- more frequently
- and if your annual PAYE and ESCT deductions are $50,000 or more, you’ll need to do it online
With Xero Payroll, it’ll be easier to report payroll information directly to Inland Revenue.
By 1 April 2019, Xero will seamlessly integrate with Inland Revenue so payday filing can be done in just a few clicks.
The team at Katalyst are pleased to announce we are now Xero Platinum Partners. We have been 100% Xero since 2009, so this is a major milestone for us.
This puts us in the top 2% of all Xero partners.
We have been Xero Bookkeeping Partner of the year finalists, every year the award has been run, we won it once and won Auckland region the only year that was awarded.
Check out our Xero Listing.
We are very excited to win the Xero Bookkeeping Partner of the Year for Auckland. We are off to Xerocon South, in Brisbane in September, to see if we have won the NZ award.
Thanks to our awesome team and the ongoing support from Xero.
Well done to Xero, the new points based, practical, certification process is excellent – what used to be a one size fits all multi-choice test, is now much more targeted and in a much better format. I can actually see new bookkeepers to Xero getting a lot out of it, as well as some old hands…
By the way, I got 100% on my first one!
XU Magazine – The independent magazine for Xero users, by Xero users.
See if you can spot the Katalyst logo ;-)
You can subscribe for free at XU Magazine.
Xero have now released their new dashboard graphs – so you can get better visibility of performance.
We suggest using one or two key graphs for your business, so you don’t get an information overload. Work with a business mentor if you need some help with this, or give us a call and we can either suggest something, or refer you to someone to help you choose which is important.
Go to Reports / Business Performance. Click the star to add it to your Dashboard. If you want more information, click on the graph name and Xero will tell you how it is calculated.
Xero are sponsoring 60 Minutes and are running some case studies alongside this to educate NZ businesses about how easy it is to use Xero.
One of our awesome, and favourite, clients, Graham Cooper from Cooper and Cooper, has been put forward as one of the business case studies.
Congratulations Graham and team, this is awesome… and Thanks! for the mention ;-)
Thanks to Katalyst – the Cloud Office Experts
New to Xero, or still getting the hang of it? Join Katalyst Office Management’s Cloud Office team for a FREE training session, with complimentary drinks and nibbles, at Xero’s Auckland offices this July.
We’ll teach you more about working with Xero files and show you how to reduce the time, effort and paper associated with bookkeeping.
Katalyst’s Cloud Office team specialises in helping businesses become more sustainable by eliminating paper from their accounting processes. We are Xero Gold Partners, members of the Sustainable Business Network and already assist clients in a wide range of industries.
When: Tuesday, 15th July, from 5-6.30pm
Where: Xero Offices – Level 1, 69 St Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland
RSVP: To Glennis Stuckey – [email protected] by Friday, 20th June
Learn more about Cloud Office at www.cloudoffice.co.nz
At Xerocon 2014 I met a guy who has a product that exports from Amazon to Xero. It might be worth a look if you have a need for it:
Post invoices to Xero
A2X generates invoices from each settlement and posts them to Xero, either manually or automatically. You can select the accounts and tax rates that apply to each type of income or expense either in A2X or Xero.
When the payment appears in your bank account within Xero, you can easily reconcile the invoices to their corresponding payments.
The Roadshow last week didn’t disappoint as per normal. There is some major updates coming out over the next few months and some other unexpected releases.
Various releases announced or updated:
- Reporting 2.0 – Major changes to the reporting in Xero, add formulas, move columns, select columns you want, resort etc – due shortly
- Banking 2.0 – World leading, banking changes – integration with Xero for payables (with authority) and loan applications via Xero to your bank
- Supplier feeds – Major suppliers are working with Xero to start data feeds for their invoices, with attachments
- Files – Getting their own tab, you can now also use an email link to send files directly into Xero, video formats – available now, but some changes due soon. Have you thought about taking a photo of assets and serial numbers incase things are stolen? Then you can download and send to your Insurance broker.
- Invoices – Bulk Export coming (not sure if this is the invoices (bills/sales, or the images attached)
- Auto Feeds – TSB and ASB are already offering auto feed signup – including historic import of feeds
- ACC and Companies Office – Are working with Xero to integrate systems
- Sending sales invoices with attachments direct to Xero (currently avaialble via online invoice, but you have to save the invoice which can duplicate)
- Quotes – Includes revisions and online; acceptance, query, revise and decline. Also templated terms and custom templates – Next Year
- Touchify – All areas of Xero are undergoing a touchify re-write, so all areas are easier for touch screen and mobile devices like tablets
- Contacts – Add multiple contacts
- Remove yourself from Organisations – previously you had to be removed
- User role – There will be a standard role without reporting access
- Statement search – I am hoping this is a global bank statement search
- Reference field on bank transactions – I am not sure what this is yet
Unconfirmed Timeframe/no updates on:
- Purchase orders – you can turn PO’s into a sale etc
- GST – new process has been released – will show any un-reconciled areas
For assistance with any changes, please call us at the office on 09 269 5466.
- 20 Dec 2018Xero – Payday FilingComing to Xero very soon… Payday filing is a new method for reporting employment information,...
- 01 Nov 2018Get Your Life BackIf you’re a business owner, business manager or bookkeeper who wants to take back control of your bu...
- 28 Sep 2018Xero Platinum PartnersThe team at Katalyst are pleased to announce we are now Xero Platinum Partners. We have been 100% X...
- 31 May 201810th AnniversaryWe are celebrating our 10th Anniversary :-) Thanks to everyone who has been a part of our past 10 ye...
- 12 Mar 2018Testimonial | Ross Keith – SelectorWhen our internal accountant departed with very short notice last year we had an immediate staffing...