Bookkeeping services to get control of your business finances
How to get on top of the financial admin in your business
Building a business is hard work! When you’re juggling sales, staff and operations, it can be hard to find the time to keep your bookkeeping up to date. On the other hand, having a clean set of books is critical if you want your business to grow.
At Katalyst, our mission is to help growing businesses be more successful by taking care of their bookkeeping.
Our bookkeeping services include:
- 100% paperless bookkeeping using Xero
- Debtor and supplier management
- PAYE and GST filing
- Administrative support
- WorkflowMax job management support
- Reporting and liaison with business advisors
- Preparation of information at year end for your accountant
Whether you’re looking for an ‘out of the box’ solution or tailored support, we can help.
Do I still need a bookkeeper if I use Xero?
You’ve decided to start using Xero. Simple, streamlined accounting is just a click away.
So, do you still need to use a bookkeeper?
As good as Xero is, it will never be a replacement for a human. There are many aspects of your business that will require the human touch.
Think of a modern bookkeeper as someone who takes care of data management, rather than doing the data entry. Automatic software is incredibly clever, but you also need the interpretation that a bookkeeper can provide. With a proficient knowledge of both Xero and bookkeeping, your bookkeeper can pick up issues before they become major problems.
How professional bookkeeping can help you get the most out of Xero
- Checking that PAYE and GST is filed and paid on time. Your bookkeeper will check the audit report and ensure everything is correct.
- A great bookkeeper will ensure your balances are correct against your actual bank balance to reduce errors, like missed statements or deleted transactions.
- Tight control on debtors with consistent follow up on overdue invoices.
- Managing the payroll to ensure privacy from the businesses team members
- Prepare and send customer invoices and statements on time and follow up late payers
- Enter supplier bills and attach PDF copies using Xero Files. Checking bills against statements and preparing batch payment files. A great bookkeeper can also work with suppliers to keep accounts open if payment is going to be late.
- If you use software like Receipt Bank integrated with Xero, a bookkeeper can manage this
- A bookkeeper can look after accounts-related email enquiries
- A expert bookkeeper can show you how to safeguard against fraudulent activity and carry out fraud checks.
The value of a bookkeeper lies in their ability to help a business operate to the best standard of financial administration. Modern bookkeepers are heavily educated in technology. When new bookkeeping systems like payroll and point of sale technology are released, bookkeepers with the right skill and expertise can take on an advisory role to assist with implementation, integration, ongoing use and maintenance of those systems.
Further Bookkeeping Information
Visit our Resources page for free downloads of our tips and other resources.
- 20 Dec 2018Xero – Payday FilingComing to Xero very soon… Payday filing is a new method for reporting employment information,...
- 01 Nov 2018Get Your Life BackIf you’re a business owner, business manager or bookkeeper who wants to take back control of your bu...
- 28 Sep 2018Xero Platinum PartnersThe team at Katalyst are pleased to announce we are now Xero Platinum Partners. We have been 100% X...
- 31 May 201810th AnniversaryWe are celebrating our 10th Anniversary :-) Thanks to everyone who has been a part of our past 10 ye...
- 12 Mar 2018Testimonial | Ross Keith – SelectorWhen our internal accountant departed with very short notice last year we had an immediate staffing...