We are very excited to win the Xero Bookkeeping Partner of the Year for Auckland. We are off to Xerocon South, in Brisbane in September, to see if we have won the NZ award.
Thanks to our awesome team and the ongoing support from Xero.
Well done to Xero, the new points based, practical, certification process is excellent – what used to be a one size fits all multi-choice test, is now much more targeted and in a much better format. I can actually see new bookkeepers to Xero getting a lot out of it, as well as some old hands…
By the way, I got 100% on my first one!
XU Magazine – The independent magazine for Xero users, by Xero users.
See if you can spot the Katalyst logo 😉
You can subscribe for free at XU Magazine.
Xero have now released their new dashboard graphs – so you can get better visibility of performance.
We suggest using one or two key graphs for your business, so you don’t get an information overload. Work with a business mentor if you need some help with this, or give us a call and we can either suggest something, or refer you to someone to help you choose which is important.
Go to Reports / Business Performance. Click the star to add it to your Dashboard. If you want more information, click on the graph name and Xero will tell you how it is calculated.
Xero are sponsoring 60 Minutes and are running some case studies alongside this to educate NZ businesses about how easy it is to use Xero.
One of our awesome, and favourite, clients, Graham Cooper from Cooper and Cooper, has been put forward as one of the business case studies.
Congratulations Graham and team, this is awesome… and Thanks! for the mention 😉
Thanks to Katalyst – the Cloud Office Experts
New to Xero, or still getting the hang of it? Join Katalyst Office Management’s Cloud Office team for a FREE training session, with complimentary drinks and nibbles, at Xero’s Auckland offices this July.
We’ll teach you more about working with Xero files and show you how to reduce the time, effort and paper associated with bookkeeping.
Katalyst’s Cloud Office team specialises in helping businesses become more sustainable by eliminating paper from their accounting processes. We are Xero Gold Partners, members of the Sustainable Business Network and already assist clients in a wide range of industries.
When: Tuesday, 15th July, from 5-6.30pm
Where: Xero Offices – Level 1, 69 St Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland
RSVP: To Glennis Stuckey – email@example.com by Friday, 20th June
Learn more about Cloud Office at www.cloudoffice.co.nz
At Xerocon 2014 I met a guy who has a product that exports from Amazon to Xero. It might be worth a look if you have a need for it:
Post invoices to Xero
A2X generates invoices from each settlement and posts them to Xero, either manually or automatically. You can select the accounts and tax rates that apply to each type of income or expense either in A2X or Xero.
When the payment appears in your bank account within Xero, you can easily reconcile the invoices to their corresponding payments.
I just noticed, thanks to Julia, that we are front and centre of the Xerocon 2014 advertising banner! Crikey, not sure how I missed that 😉
The Roadshow last week didn’t disappoint as per normal. There is some major updates coming out over the next few months and some other unexpected releases.
Various releases announced or updated:
- Reporting 2.0 – Major changes to the reporting in Xero, add formulas, move columns, select columns you want, resort etc – due shortly
- Banking 2.0 – World leading, banking changes – integration with Xero for payables (with authority) and loan applications via Xero to your bank
- Supplier feeds – Major suppliers are working with Xero to start data feeds for their invoices, with attachments
- Files – Getting their own tab, you can now also use an email link to send files directly into Xero, video formats – available now, but some changes due soon. Have you thought about taking a photo of assets and serial numbers incase things are stolen? Then you can download and send to your Insurance broker.
- Invoices – Bulk Export coming (not sure if this is the invoices (bills/sales, or the images attached)
- Auto Feeds – TSB and ASB are already offering auto feed signup – including historic import of feeds
- ACC and Companies Office – Are working with Xero to integrate systems
- Sending sales invoices with attachments direct to Xero (currently avaialble via online invoice, but you have to save the invoice which can duplicate)
- Quotes – Includes revisions and online; acceptance, query, revise and decline. Also templated terms and custom templates – Next Year
- Touchify – All areas of Xero are undergoing a touchify re-write, so all areas are easier for touch screen and mobile devices like tablets
- Contacts – Add multiple contacts
- Remove yourself from Organisations – previously you had to be removed
- User role – There will be a standard role without reporting access
- Statement search – I am hoping this is a global bank statement search
- Reference field on bank transactions – I am not sure what this is yet
Unconfirmed Timeframe/no updates on:
- Purchase orders – you can turn PO’s into a sale etc
- GST – new process has been released – will show any un-reconciled areas
For assistance with any changes, please call us at the office on 09 269 5466.
The Purchase order function in Xero looks very good indeed. You can partially receipt or fully receipt, turning the purchase order into a bill to save data entry. You can also create custom templates to better brand your purchase orders, you can also use the email settings for purchase orders.
The full history as you expect in Xero applies here as well, as well as drafts and submit for approval.
To find purchases, so to Accounts tab, Purchases, then scroll down the screen, purchase orders appear under the bills.
The new improved GST process has also been released today. This process will now show you any unreconciled transactions in the period, so you know to complete them. Our rules still stand if you were taught by us – check the recon report for every account on the dashboard, prior to running your GST. This is still a good process to follow as you will be alerted to any issues early on.
Also, make sure you save a copy of the published report off Xero. We have found our lovely GST reports deleted from time to time by well meaning people…
Check out the blog for more information and other updates. Still coming this year, I expect, are quotes and stock. Purchase orders are a part of this set, so it is looking good that Xero have released purchase orders.
- 09 Nov 2016IRD Announces “Better administration of PAYE”The proposed changes are likely to be included in a tax bill for consideration by Parliament in 2017...
- 13 Aug 2016Katalyst – Xero – Bookkeeper of the Year – AucklandWe are very excited to win the Xero Bookkeeping Partner of the Year for Auckland. We are off to Xero...
- 10 May 2016WorkflowMax Partner Success SummitReporting & Insights We are very pleased to have been asked to present the Reporting & Ins...
- 16 Feb 2016Cloud-based payroll – Ditch the spreadsheetIs your Payroll spreadsheet turning into a Monster? Slay the beast and move to cloud-based payroll!...
- 28 Jan 2016WorkflowMax App – FREE! Katalyst Cheat SheetThe new iOS WorkflowMax app is out Have you been waiting for a better mobile app for WorkflowMax? Th...